5 Roach Rush (vs. Protoss)Posted by RaynorRaider on 2010-10-01
|Roach Warren||@Queen 75%|
|Overlord||@Queen 100%. Inject Larva|
|Metabolic Boost||@ 100gas. Pull all Drones off Gas|
- The difference between 5RR vs Protoss and 5RR vs Terran is 3 drones coming before ling speed, whereas against Terran, ling speed comes before 3 drones (or 3 lings)
- It is not a good idea to build the Roach Warren when your opponent can see it. Use your first two zerglings to drive the Probe out of your base and then start building the Roach Warren as tucked away as possible. The timing is very smooth usually.
- Never forget to inject Larva or the effectiveness of this build will suffer GREATLY!
- If the build is executed properly, Roach Warren, Overlord and Larva all pop at the same time.
- Build the Hatchery at your Natural Expansion as soon as you start moving out with your Roaches.
You can send a Drone Scout but the Roaches will scout your opponent's base early enough. Use your 2 Lings to find out where the Protoss base is located. You can read most other strategies from the Protoss while attacking his base.
Early sentries and stalkers may counter this
Blistering Sands, Steppes of War
|See 5 Roach Rush (vs. Protoss) in action |
(Click Here for YouTube page) |